- Download our application and return it to Fire Headquarters, completed.
- You must be 15 years of age to be a Salisbury Fire Department Cadet.
- You must be 18 years of age to be a Salisbury Fire Department member.
- You must pass a criminal background check.
- You will be provided with a medical/physical.
- After returning your completed application to Fire Headquarters, you will interview with a volunteer corporation.
- The Salisbury Fire Department will provide you with all of your training, uniforms and gear for free. You will also receive a retirement plan and insurance benefits.
- You will attend an Academy Firefighter I class, and an Academy Haz Mat Ops class.
- You can go on to attend further classes and training that you may wish to pursue.
- This is very rewarding, challenging and satisfying; you will be joining a great second family!
- Being a volunteer firefighter for the Salisbury Fire Department is a great way to give back to the community!
The Salisbury Fire Department accepts applications all year long. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 410-548-3120 or by using the form below.