Friday, September 2, 2016
- Enter the season prepared.
- Know all evacuation routes if you live close to the coast.
- Make sure your home meets building codes for withstanding hurricanes, and they have storm shutters.
- Have proper tools, supplies, and a first aid kit.
- Have plenty of batteries and flashlights
- Always have plenty of non-perishable foods on hand.
- Leave low lying areas.
- Protect windows with plywood boards, or storm shutters.
- Secure outside objects.
- Make sure you have plenty of fuel and water.
- Have several days supply of food and water for each family member.
- If called to evacuate, do so immediately.
- Stay in Secure Room.
- Stay away from windows.
- Do not use the phone, or candles.
- Monitor Weather and Civil Service Bulletins on either regular or NOAA radio.
- Have supplies on hand.
- Remain indoors when the eye moves over your area because the storm will resume shortly.